21.5.12

International Museum Day, Not...

May the 18th of every year is the International Museum Day ever since 1977. It is an appropriate day (unlike most other "days" created just to capture commercial expenditure value from consumers) to appreciate the historical value of various items left for us from the past. To celebrate this day, all local museums at Melaka offer free entrance to all visitors on that day.

I love visiting museum. Museum is probably my most visited leisure places. So I spent almost my whole day there, visiting 1 museum after another. What surprise me was the fact that very few visitors around. After some investigation, I found that most people do not know about the International Museum Day. Those who know do not visit as it was a working day. Even if it was a weekend, they still wouldn't visit as they simply have no interest in doing so. 

For me that is a sad situation. Most people prefer other forms of entertainment that a museum visit. Most people I know never visited museum before. Most people prefer using an Iphone than looking at a 800-years-old coin. 

I was at the Custom museum and they have a log book that is used to record all personal information from visitors. I was surprise that all visitors on the International Museum day are from foreign nations except from 2 Sarawak visitors and myself. 

I enjoy my day at those museums and will do so again when I have spare time. I will encourage all the people I know to do so. In the mean time, happy International Museum Day. (although I am 3 days late)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

www.redotech.com

INDIA'S No.1 software development,mobile recharge software,portal development

Redo Tech Pvt Ltd is a Best service professional Custom India based MLM

Unknown said...

www.redotech.com

INDIA'S No.1 software development,mobile recharge software,portal development

Redo Tech Pvt Ltd is a Best service professional Custom India based MLM

PENNY STOCK INVESTMENTS said...

Nothing like a holiday.